Friday, December 20, 2013

It's results week!

...and not just for our state's industrious Year 12 students.

I am very pleased to report that we passed our occupancy permit inspection with Mr Building Inspector!

It had been weighing heavily on me, not knowing exactly what it entailed.  I hovered around the house while he did his thing, hands involuntarily clenched together, prayer-like. I circled the remaining tradies hoping for a reassuring "she'll be right!" but none was forthcoming.

Would I be given a spot quiz on some obscure aspect of the construction? Had we unwittingly overlooked something critical?

I fully expected to receive a nit-picky shopping list of items to be done before we were allowed to move in - but the inspector was quite relaxed and happy for us to make the move: WE PASSED!

So it was straight home to pop the French in the fridge for a celebration with Captain Laird, served with a side of the sweet smell of success!






No comments:

Post a Comment