Monday, December 23, 2013

The big catch -up

As you read this we are already getting our move on, no trip to the Homemade House to happen without a load of something.

The big truck arrives next Monday -this time next week we are IN!

While you may well have assumed that we had been sitting back basking in the success of our occupancy inspection, work has relentlessly continued. Relentless, but most fruitful.

There was the leadlighting:







The granite stepped off its flight from Brazil looking surprisingly refreshed:


Sinks were connected:


(This is one of the few parts of the house I am precious about. If you come to visit, do NOT take it upon yourself to wash dishes in this sink. Delicately rinsing a lettuce leaf may be permitted).

Light fittings were,indeed, fitted:



I also saw water pound down from the ceiling mounted shower head in the master suite. It was so awesome the plumber could be forgiven for inviting his offsider to shower with him. "Whatever makes you happy" I encouraged the happy couple.

I am also pleased to report that in the world of building there exists the concept of a builder's clean. This is when a couple of angels descend from on high to somehow turn a building site into a home.

Sills,ledges and shelves were divested of their earthly dust,windows were polished, bathrooms shined, and carpets tamed (oh yes! The carpets were also laid, looking and feeling sumptuous.).

Downstairs splashbacks were also completed. Let me tell you,if you ever use our tiler (and I know there are a few Lovely Building Company future clients out there),the gorgeous Joe is ALWAYS right. Give him your ideas and he will ask you just the right questions and give you just the right answers. He restored my faith in the tiling community.

THE END.




Just kidding. 

But do me a favour. While I know there have been over 5,000 views of this blog,  my eldest daughter mocks me for the tiny number of comments I receive here. Do me a favour and leave a one word comment on this post. Your Christmas gift to me. xx.

Homemade House 2014 to follow...














9 comments:

  1. I have just read your whole blog! As someone considering the owner builder pathway, your blog is very inspiring.. Thanks heaps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crafty Doctor - hope you enjoyed it. It's been a very inspiring process to go through and hugely satisfying. Best wishes to you, if you do decide to take the plunge :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, and thanks, it has been so great watching your home developing piece by piece. It is really beautiful. Looking forward to more photos! Hope your move went well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say congratulations on your new home it is gorgeous.

    I also want to thank you for sharing your Blog. I have only been a reader for around 4 weeks but in that time you have given me the courage to step away from our project builder ( Before Contracts thankfully ;) ) and go ahead with either Harkaway or Storybook cottages.

    I can't wait to see what 2014 brings for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bella. 12 months ago we weren't sure we could do this and here we are, enjoying our dream home. I hope the same happens for you too :)

      Delete
  4. So, so lovely - I keep finding blogs and instagram pics of Harkaway Homes so I figure it's definitely a sign that we need to find the land to build our own HH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I just checked out your blog - am going back for a lovely read later! Gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas ;) ! Belated or early, I'm not sure. Your home is stunning, ab-sol-utely stunning. We're building a monstrous box (we love it but it certainly divides people) but my ability to appreciate other styles is vast... And yours is a winner! Penny.

    ReplyDelete