Thursday, December 12, 2013

The icing on the cake

I know, I know. Getting a bit behind. 

But with good reason, as we wildly dash about trying to get all the critical works wrapped up before the building inspector goes on Christmas holidays.

All our tradies continue to shine, working away solidly to help me out with that deadline. 

Since the last post, the icing for our pretty confection arrived and has been installed:


Even the Homemade Kids, who are thoroughly sick of the project, gave an enthusiastic reaction as we drove by on the way to school. I tipped the two older ones out and sent them off to class, and then hurriedly dashed back so I could make a fool of myself swooning over the lovely arches and balustrading on the front verandahs.

"Wow - cool!" Said the Homemade Baby.

"I just love it!!" I gushed to the carpenters. There may have been a tear of silly homeowner joy as I admired the crisp white timbers and graceful outdoor room that has been created.

For a while there I even thought T2 & Co. might manage to roll out a positive adjective or two. But one steadfastly keeps his opinions to himself (apart from the classic "well it's not my taste" drily offered last time I gushed over his work on the exterior).

The other one kindly suggested that my colour scheme is not quite right - but that it was about 90%.

I must be getting used to this particular dry cracker as I merely chirped back that that was an "A" grade and I was happy to take that!
 

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say how absolutely beautiful your house is - we're hoping to build a Harkaway in country Victoria - everytime I read a new post on your blog, I'm convinced it's the way to go! Can't wait to see photos of the finished house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jade! It's definitely been the way to go for us :)

    ReplyDelete